As we near our 60th anniversary, we’re celebrating the qualities that make our work stand out. There are many reasons why our customers in Arkansas and nationwide have trusted us to create their custom jewelry for 60 years. Here are just a few:
We have a storied history of excellence in crafting remarkable jewelry, which has been recognized in local, national, and international arenas.
· We became the first certified gemologist in Arkansas in 1961.
· We won the International Pearl Design Contest in 1986.
· In 1991, we were inducted into the National Jeweler’s Hall of Fame in New York.
· We won the the AGTA Platinum Honors Award in 2002.
· We were also the winner of the AGTA Spectrum Design Award in 2009.
· We represented the jewelry industry at the Emmy Awards in 2003, selected as the official jeweler for the Emmy Awards gift basket at the annual awards ceremony.
· We have also represented the jewelry industry at the Oscars.
· We were named the InStore Magazine Coolest Store in the Nation in 2006.
· Underwood’s was the winner of the Jewelers of America C.A.S.E. Design Awards in 2012 for a custom-made diamond ring.
· Our founder, Bill Underwood, made a bracelet featured in the Smithsonian Museum.
· We are the only jeweler in Arkansas to win state, national and international jewelry design awards.
· We have been named Celebrate, Citiscape and Democrat Gazette Best of the Best for numerous years.
Our expert staff and facilities are beyond compare.
· The owner is in the store.
· We have the only store in the state with four certified gemologist appraisers.
· We also have two certified master bench jewelers.
· Underwood’s is the only store in the state whose independent, accredited gemologists can fully grade a diamond in-house, check and re-check the grade.
· We have the most advanced gem lab in the state.
· Our founder, Bill Underwood, and current president, Craig Underwood, are both past presidents of the American Gem Society.
· Bill was awarded the Robert Shipley Award, the jewelry industry’s highest award, in 1993.
· Bill was awarded the American Gem Society “Circle of Distinction” award in 2005.
· Bill appraised the Elvis Presley ring.
· Bill patented the Beauty Grade Machine, which is in our store.
· Craig served as President of the Diamond Standards Committee.
· Craig serves as the only “stand-alone” jeweler on the Jewelers Mutual International Board of Directors.
· We were the first store in the U.S. to have the new Hologem technology.
· We instill the highest ethics and integrity in every employee.
We have impeccable standards for quality.
· We travel the world to make direct connections to buy the very best from the source.
· Only 1 out of 20 diamonds that pass through the Gem Lab are kept because of our quality standards.
· Our pearls are handpicked in Kobe, Japan, and matched perfectly for necklaces and earrings.
· There is no synthetic or lab-created jewelry in our store.
· We have the widest selection of loose diamonds in the state. Where most stores put cz’s in their mountings, we set live diamonds.
We are dedicated to giving our customers the best experience and helping the Fayetteville community thrive.
· The Underwood’s Building was designed and built in 1966 by internationally renowned architect E. Fay Jones, which helped revive and positively contribute to Dickson Street.
· Our newly remodeled store has private bridal shopping, a renovated pearl department, a spacious and comfortable check-out center, and a relaxing showroom.
· We provide complimentary gift wrapping in our custom French wrapping paper with every purchase.
· It is our priority to have every piece priced at the very fairest price, which means we don’t play the “change the tag” game.
· We offer custom Razorback jewelry for U of A fans.
· Our color stone department is one-of-a-kind with many loose color stones.
· We offer fine jewelry in every price range.
· We give to many local charities and our annual Fab Five every year.
Thank you, Fayetteville, for 60 wonderful years of crafting the finest jewelry for you and your loved ones. We look forward to continuing our tradition of excellence and distinction. Visit us at our shop on Dickson Street or call 479-521-2000 to set up an appointment.